Help me choose a new self-propelled mower

rpearlberg

Threads
Well, I went to HD to look at the mowers and I thought I had my mind set on the Honda (with extra year of warranty, which ends tomorrow). After looking at the Honda and the Toro and speaking to a couple of people, I think I'm now going with the Toro 20333. It's 22", not 21 like the Honda. It has the brake stop, which the Honda doesn't. Has a longer warranty, personal pace, and is a tad cheaper.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do all the pros here a favor. Whatever you decide on, go to a dealer and get their price on the unit you want. Almost all will have the unit at the same price, and you will normally have it setup and ready to go when you walk out the door. Heaven forbid, if something would go wrong, you will have some one to talk to. If this would happen after you bought it at the big box store, you will have to take it to the dealer for repair, how do you think you or they would feel. Even Ric will agree with me on this one.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well, I went to HD to look at the mowers and I thought I had my mind set on the Honda (with extra year of warranty, which ends tomorrow). After looking at the Honda and the Toro and speaking to a couple of people, I think I'm now going with the Toro 20333. It's 22", not 21 like the Honda. It has the brake stop, which the Honda doesn't. Has a longer warranty, personal pace, and is a tad cheaper.

As I said I'm a Honda fan but I think you would be a lot happier with it than the Honda.. The Toro has a 190cc Briggs and Stratton That will do everything you want and more.
As far as going to a dealer, that would be the best way to go if you can find a dealer that sells the unit and if you do they should match the Home Depot price and as far as warranty goes if you buy from Home Depot the dealer will still honor the warranty because it's through Toro.

Rivets this is twice we agreed, we need to stop pushing this agreement crap to much :smile: You hit me as a person who's going to vote for Walker :confused2:

rpearlberg

Threads
I can never just pick something! Now I'm back to the Honda, my original choice. Can I really go wrong with either??

talley2191

Threads
There have been a few good reviews from other buyers torn between the Toro and the Honda. Seems the Honda gets lots of love. I own a 2005 Toro 22" person pace 6.5 hp that still starts on the first pull. Probably has 200 hours on it with no issues at all.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I can never just pick something! Now I'm back to the Honda, my original choice. Can I really go wrong with either??

You will not go wrong with either mower, the only place you'll go wrong is if you don't buy what you want in a mower regardless of make. You're spending the money and you need to buy what you're comfortable with.
The thing is if you buy the mower from Home Depot I believe they have a thirty day free return policy and if the mower doesn't do what you want you can always take it back and exchange it for the other.

scott47429

Threads
go with the toro i just sold one that was 11 yrs old or so and still ran and cut great just didn't need it anymore