help im an idiot!

myname79

Threads
hey i got a 36" walk behind husqvarna i bought used back before summer started up and now both my front tires are flat. they both leak at the rim so no plugging.

i went to the store and bought two new ones but.. I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THEM! i cant even get the flat tires off!
so if anyone has a minute or three and feels like explaining it to me it would be great!
thanks a bunch-

Lawnranger

Threads
I have two pieces of advice for you: one, mount an alignment punch, a large one, vertically in a vise to act as an axle that you can put your wheel/tire combo on and then use two tire irons (I have several large blunt screwdrivers) to work the tire bead off the rim. Most mower wheels are whats called "drop center" which allows the tire bead to drop down in the center on one side as you work the other side up and off the wheel. Using WD-40 or something like it helps. Most likely you will need to install a tube if you are having trouble sealing the bead.

Two, take it to a tire shop and pay someone for the headache.

east_tn_emc

Threads
Two, take it to a tire shop and pay someone for the headache.

This for the win! WELL WORTH the 10-15 bucks you will pay. Small tires are actually more of a pain to put on a rim than larger tires.

LakeRat1

Threads
I think i would have tried some Green Slim in the tires before i went the route of new tires, that stuff works, i would not use it on my truck or car, but i have used it on my mowers, 4 wheeler, i have a old trailer that the tire kepy going down, its a tube type, just use it aroud the place, i put the right amount of slim it over a year ago, still up, if there is a Tractor Supply near, the last i bought was less that 20 bucks fora gallon, that will do a number of tires

LakeRat1

myname79

Threads
damn i hit a button and went back two pages. now i gotta start over!!
ok well to reiterate what i just wrote and deleted:
cool ill just pay.
and yes Tractor Supply kicks ***.
So does Northern Tool!

Regardless, these tires are horrible, they're too slick, no traction.
The new ones are chuncky-er. Probably a 1/4" ride height to be gained. ?
that would be nice as over fert + st augustine = 5.5 sometimes.
and im at 5 now max

anyway thank you all for the replies. the advice was swift and helpful!

chance123

Threads
For my customers that have small wheels, I recommend replacing with solid foam tires. This eliminates any and all down time for something as simple as a flat tire.