Help finding a mulch plug

Bwah61

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am trying to find a mulch plug for a Honda Commercial HRC216HXA. Any suggestions where to get one?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well you can try searching for 76266-VB5-D00 but it is listed as no longer available. It going to be hard find it new. Even the complete 06762-VB5-D00 mulching kit is NLA.

volvofan94

Threads
eBay is a good place to start your search for hard-to-find lawn mower items. I've had good luck there. Also, local mower shops that have been in business for years is another good option to explore. I found a rare part for my HR215 HXA at a local mower shop that was sitting on their shelf I'm estimating for 10 years before I bought it. It came from a mower they parted out back then.

Good luck with your search.

Oddjob

Threads
I have the same issue. The only one I’ve ever seen was on Ebay and the asking price was $150.00. My guess is that so few of these mowers were sold that there is not enough demand for Honda or other companies to make mulch plugs. Jacks Small Engines sells OEM Honda plugs for the more common models for $15. Please post if you find a source or a work around.