Buying Advice Help determining age of IS1500Z

mooch91

Threads
All,

I'm looking at a used IS1500Z at a local dealer. Trouble is, the hour meter died some time back and the dealer can't tell me how old it is, only that it was homeowner-owned and traded. He believes it was mid-2000s.

Can anyone help me figure out how old this thing is from the serial number or other specifications? I believe it had a 52" cut and 25hp Kawasaki (FH721V?) engine.

And once I get that, anything I should know about these mowers? I'm trying to make a decision between it and a couple of entry-level residential units. The only thing I thought I read online were issues with not getting as good a cut as expected and exhaust burning the lawn when idling, but I don't know if those issues are specific to particular years.

Thanks in advance!

mooch91

Threads
From what I can tell online, this combo was introduced in 2005 at a price of somewhere near 6K.

gregjo1948

Threads
I don't worry about the the year of a Ferris when I'm looking to buy. There are tell-tale signs of wear, misuse, or poor maintainance. If it's the size you want and the price is right, all the parts are available and they're quite easy to work on. I do prefer Kawasaki engines. gregjo1948