Help Choosing a Zero Turn

triumph65

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a new home with 1.5-2 acres to mow. Some trees, tight turns and some open rectangular areas. The ground is pretty rough so I am concerned with being jarred around.
Closest dealers are Hustler, Kubota & Scag. I think a 48” deck will be sufficient and may be easier to navigate some of the tight spots.
From what reading I’ve done it would be nice to have suspension or at least a seat with nice suspension, heavy gauge deck, Kawasaki motor and an easy lift deck for driving over obstacles.
Just overwhelmed by all the models and choices.
Budget is 5-7K, 7 being the high end.
I’d rather not buy a used commercial as I’m at least 30 minutes from the nearest shop.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Full mower and seat suspensions. Wider the deck the more scalping on uneven turf. Kawasaki engine. Belt drive is the most reliable and least costly to repair and keep going. Hydro's are $$$$ when they fail. Not if but when. 2 blades instead of 3. Foam pre air filter. Widest tires you can find.

slomo

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Scags are pretty expensive.
Go look at the Hustler FasTrak and FasTrak SDX and get some quotes. Take notes on the features and compare them to the offerings from Scag and Kubota. Pay close attention to the hydrostatic transaxle on each mower. Engines are another thing to think about. A Kawasaki equipped mower will add to the mower cost. Kohler Command Pro engines are good engines. Pick a ZTR with a carbureted engine. EFI engines can be problematic and costly to repair.