Hedge work

ted

Threads
For some of the best lawns I have seen the hedge work is almost like a work of art, but does it really take an artist to make something like that? I would love a split divider type but I am not sure I am that artsy.

Bethieboo

Threads
I don't think it takes an artist. I think it just takes a good eye, imagination, and hand eye coordination. I have done some really nice hedges and I am not an artist.

Zeroturn

Threads
Better you guys than me.... I have no time or patience for this type of work. I do admire others hedges when they are styled pretty. I am more of a bush (flowering) type of person.

Thunder

Threads
I would like to be able to at least try it once. It looks like it would be fun, and you're beautifying your grounds
at the same time.

Bethieboo

Threads
My ambition is to try some more intricate designs. So far I have only done the most basic of shapes but I would love to do a row of bushes in to a row of different animals.

mowsby

Threads
Designing your bushes can add a really nice look to a yard. The nice thing is that if you don't like it or get board you can just cut it in to something else when it grows back out.

Ross

Threads
No, I don't think you have to be an artist. You just need an eye for detail, a sharp trimmer, and a lot of patience. Above all else, it helps if you really enjoy doing it.

scooter

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wouldn't do any hedgework myself, I'd pay someone to do it for me, if I did it it would become an eyesore and I'd have to cut the hedge all the way back to get rid of the mess. :smile: