Has Snapper discontinued sales of their rear engine rider?

n-heptane

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Has Snapper discontinued sales of their rear engine rider?
I no longer see rear engine riders mentioned on Snapper's website. Have the rear engine riders (both 28" deck and 33" deck versions) been discontinued?

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
The classic rear engine rider has been discontinued.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Probably the greedy corporate recipe of used truck priced 0-turns. More profit compared to a RER.

slomo

The Brain

Threads
the new snapper rer looks very nice on the net.thought it was discontinued as op is.
a 15.5hp on a rer thats some serious power. I don't see the cup holder. wonder if there's a option for a bagger shoot.
where I could reuse my old bagger stuff.

I actuelly looked breifly at a toro at home depot front of store) similar to snapper rer. however it's $1800. my snapper was well over $2K. back in 07 backed off due to chinee made. thought I'd be better off w/ a engine swap for the next few years.

nettles.w

Forum Newbie
Threads
I still have the Snapper 30" RER that my dad bought around 1968. Am on about the 8th or so engine on it. Currently have a Briggs & Stratton 12.5 OHV replacement engine on it that I got from Smallenginewarehouse.com. Has plenty of power and starts very easily with the electric starter. Will keep rebuilding Snappers so when my great grandchildren need a mower, they stop by and pick one up from me.

Charlie8d

Threads
If you wanted one, you might find one leftover at a dealer.

SamB

Threads
I still have the Snapper 30" RER that my dad bought around 1968. Am on about the 8th or so engine on it. Currently have a Briggs & Stratton 12.5 OHV replacement engine on it that I got from Smallenginewarehouse.com. Has plenty of power and starts very easily with the electric starter. Will keep rebuilding Snappers so when my great grandchildren need a mower, they stop by and pick one up from me.
I just found this thread,so forgive this late reply. It may help some mower people on the fence,as it were. With the tremendous number of the RER Snappers made and a LOT of then still out there, there is aftermarket parts support from a ton of places. Buying one used or fixing your own broken one is just a matter of a few mouse clicks. They are durable and also easy to repair and overall, an outstanding design,way better than anything on the market today. My Snapper is a 33" Extra Tough Hi-Vac from 1984. While I like my ZTR, I wouldn't trade the Snapper for any equal sized mower made today. Most of the time ,I mulch mow, but when I put the rear bagger on, it's unmatched for getting the fallen leaves up. Most parts have been replaced over the years,so you have to point to a part and I may be able to tell the year of that part! :-D