Harmony 215 MZBB60628727 wheel drive (clutch) won't disengage (Spicer transmission)

pjw73

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Harmony 215 MZBB60628727 wheel drive (clutch) won't disengage (Spicer transmission)
Greetings,

Without warning yesterday, I was mowing and when I released the clutch drive bar the cable was slack, and the wheel drive would not disengage. I had to shut the engine off to get it to stop. The mower will manually roll forward, but not backwards.

The cable is not broken. In fact, when I turn the mower over, I can pull on the end of the cable that attaches to the transmission, and the cable and clutch bar at the handle will move back into position. Further, when in this position the mower will manually roll BOTH forwards (ratchet) and backwards until I engage the bar again. (I believe) with the cable in this same position, the mower will also no longer have the wheels engaged to the engine, but I have not proven this.

It seems to me like perhaps a return spring of some sort has broken, been lost, or somehow disengaged. I have some pictures, but can't seem to see vey much without some disassembly. Does anyone have a parts diagram of this particular model?

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions welcome.
Thank you.

Attachments

• HRM 215 Forum image.jpg
    HRM 215 Forum image.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 5

olgeezershonda

Threads
  • / Harmony 215 MZBB60628727 wheel drive (clutch) won't disengage (Spicer transmission)
Hi and welcome to LW

To make it easier what is the complete model number? HRM215xxx. In the meantime maybe this link will help.

olgeezershonda

Threads
Another thought would be is your mower a shaft drive? If so I can try and take a photo of my HRA215SX tranny and see if its similar and what might be missing.

pjw73

Forum Newbie
Threads
Broken clutch return spring.... Resolved (at least temporarily).

I grabbed a spring at the LHS and modified it to fit. Seems to work. Will look for the genuine replacement in the meantime.

Attachments

• Honda HRM tension spring 6.jpg
    Honda HRM tension spring 6.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 3