Handle Position Help

Garacuda

Threads
I'm pretty sure I'm not getting any taller (5'10") cause I'm in my 50's, but the handle position on my two LB's makes my lower back hurt these days. I've got a Scamp and a JCPenney's model and I can't adjust the handles to my comfort level. They will fold all of the way forward for shed storage, but they need to come up an inch or more from the factory stop at the lower position.

I'm just throwing this out to see if anyone has come up with a good solid solution to this, short of doing any welding or drilling. Not that they are all that collectable.......but you never know. I'm thinking along the lines of clamping something on.......but my brain starts to fizzle a bit there.

Any ideas or photos of your handywork out there?:anyone:

PS: I don't make it on here everyday..........even tho I want to, but I will be back

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
What model # is your mower? A photo might help too.

Some of older LBs had several holes at the bottom of the handle and using a different hole would change the height of the grip. However, if it were that obvious, you probably wouldn't have asked the question.

Garacuda

Threads
They're both 1980 or so I would guess. The JC Penney is a model 0292 and the Scamp has the same type of handle. Only two holes at the bottom, can't tell much difference in either one. I'll try to remember to get a pic this afternoon.

I just had a thought......might pick up a small hose clamp on the way home today and secure it around the bottom with the screw in position to stop the handles from dropping down so low to make my ole' back ache. open to any ideas.

thanks