Export thread

GX75 operation manual.

M

msaeger

I just picked up an old GX75 on craigslist to replace my even older Craftsman that had a catastrophic engine failure. I am trying to find an operators manual and have been unable to find a downloadable one. Does JD just not have them available to download? I am used to having to pay for the service manuals but I haven't seen where operation ones aren't free to download.

I need a new battery does anyone know what specs I need to look get? The shot one in the mower doesn't seem to say how many amps it is.

M

msaeger

I need a new battery does anyone know what specs I need to look get? The shot one in the mower doesn't seem to say how many amps it is.

If got a 300 amp battery today and even guessed the right terminal orientation since I forgot to make note of that before going to the store. New battery wouldn't start it either. After digging deeper I found the positive connection on the battery side was not good so I needed to find a new cable. After going to a few stores I found a generic set of mower battery cables.

Now I need to get a new deck belt before next the next mow the old on on there now keeps falling off when disengaging the blades.

B

BillyP

The JD site doesn't have the operators manual online, but they do list the part number for the manual (based on serial number). Get the part number and do a google search and you can get a manual download for free.

M

msaeger

Thanks for the tip. I found the part number for the manual but couldn't find one searching for that either.

Here's the number OMM121373

B

BillyP

Sorry but all I could find cost about $30. JD should provide them for free... they suck!

M

msaeger

Thanks for looking!