gx25 cam pully issues

Groundskeeperbizzle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for taking a look.
I have a line trimmer that was making an awful sound when i was pull starting. so i opened the cam cover and found a little part just floating around. well i knew that wasn't good straight away. after a bit of looking i found what it is and where it originally comes from. it inserts into the cam pulley and connects through the gear to what seems to be a centrivically activated piece. the big problem i am facing now is that when i pull the cord, something is contacting somewhere and making a ticking sound. but why i am so lost is that its not on 100% of the rotations it does.

so wondering if anyone has any idea what is happening. and if anyone might know why the part came loose in the first place?

thanks in advance.

20220518_161456.jpg

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
best guess is it was a starter pawl but without a make, model and serial number there isn't a lot one can say more than that.

Groundskeeperbizzle

Forum Newbie
Threads
its a Honda UMK425U trimmer with a GD1* gx25 engine.

the bit im referring to doesnt seem to have anything to do directly to the pull cord (although i could be wrong, thats why im asking). it slots into the cam that is attached directly to the timing gear. on the opposite side to the cam, there is a spring loaded arm that the part connects to. it seems that when the timing gear is spun, to rotate the cam, the spring loaded arm moves this little part to expose a wedge cut away.

one other thing that seems to be odd but i havent opened a second engine to see, is that this spring arm seems to have a lot of movement in a way that doesnt seem intentianal.

20220518_161512.jpg