Greetings From A Cold and Chilly NC

MusicallyMrM

Forum Newbie
Threads
:laughing: Hi I'm Musically Mr M (real name Archie) I'm a music professional/educator who has a penchant for riding mowers/lawn tractors. I've always been a gear head, worked on and built cars and custom motorcycles but in my old age (51), I've taken to collecting, reselling and restoring lawn tractors. Where I live, a lot of the locals rebuild old tractors like Cases, Massey Fergusons, Allis-Chalmers, old Fords etc. and take 'em to shows. I see now that folks are doing the same with Lawn tractors and they are considerably cheaper to rebuild and restore (unless you are working with Onan Engines):laughing: So that's how I found this place-love reading about my newest hobby. Enough about me for the moment. I'm glad to be here.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
:laughing: Hi I'm Musically Mr M (real name Archie) I'm a music professional/educator who has a penchant for riding mowers/lawn tractors. I've always been a gear head, worked on and built cars and custom motorcycles but in my old age (51), I've taken to collecting, reselling and restoring lawn tractors. Where I live, a lot of the locals rebuild old tractors like Cases, Massey Fergusons, Allis-Chalmers, old Fords etc. and take 'em to shows. I see now that folks are doing the same with Lawn tractors and they are considerably cheaper to rebuild and restore (unless you are working with Onan Engines):laughing: So that's how I found this place-love reading about my newest hobby. Enough about me for the moment. I'm glad to be here.

Well, we are glad you're here M. You sound like you have a lot to offer and your opinion and expertise are welcome. The mower posts have slowed a bit seein how it's winter. There's plenty of snowblower stuff which leaves me scratching my head since it hasn't snowed here in 25 years and even when it did it was gone by 10am.

Belstar

Threads
Welcome from another relative newbie. Your hobby and life sounds fascinating, though I would hardly classify you as old at 51! Are you retired? I hope you post some more about your tractors and maybe add some pcitures.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome, Mr M. If you're in Western NC, then we've been experiencing the same cold snap.

Old, two-stroke, push mowers are among of my hobbies.