Greenworks and Powerworks Pressure Washer Spray Gun Safety Recall

MowerMike

Threads
  • / Greenworks and Powerworks Pressure Washer Spray Gun Safety Recall

I own two of the affected Greenworks pressure washer models that are affected by this recall, a GPW1600 and a GPW1800. I requested and received two free replacement spray guns, and immediately noticed the change in the design of the hose connector. The original model has a plastic connector with a metal thread, whereas the new design has a one-piece all metal construction. The original guns are rated at 1600 psi and 1800 psi, whereas the new guns are rated at 2000 psi, same as the wands. The new gun is the same as the one I received with a third Greenworks hybrid pressure washer PW18HYB that I purchased last year. The odds of these connectors failing is very small, 15 reported cases with 13 injuries out of 1.06 million guns sold, although there are probably more units that failed but were not reported because there were no injuries.

Last edited:

MowerMike

Threads
Today I discovered that my 1800 psi Karcher pressure washer uses a gun that appears to be identical to the one that was recalled by Greenworks. I was already using the longer 25' pressure hose that came with the Greenworks 1800 psi pressure washer with the Karcher, which comes with a pressure hose that is only 20' long. Curiously, the Karcher gun is rated at 2000 psi, whereas the Greenworks ones are rated at only 1600 psi and 1800 psi. The replacement Greenworks guns accept the wand that came with the Karcher, so I can use them with the Karcher instead of the OEM Karcher gun that could potentially pose a safety hazard.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
If I need power washing done, I call the pros. It's actually cheaper than buying some sprayer that will fail on you, battery or gas, that you have to maintain and store in the garage or shed. They have much stronger machines than you would normally buy. I leave a couple cases of beer out for my guy. He washes the entire outside of my house down, driveway and so on. I sit INSIDE drinking a cold one watching the game.

slomo

MowerMike

Threads
I just love trolls. :rolleyes: