Greenworks 60V Self Propelled mower

Charlie8d

Threads
I received the mower, blower, & string trimmer & got the mower ready to cut my lawn. It was easy to assemble the mower & the manuals were easy to read, using GOOD English ! I used the mower for 90 minutes & stopped. The mower still had 10-15 minutes left in the batteries. The batteries were recharged in 1 hour. This is fine for me, since due to my disabilities , I usually cut the front yard one day, & the back yard the next. This mower has 2 batteries that are placed in the top of the mower, & uses one at a time, switching over when one gets weak. I used the self propelled feature all the time, except when maneuvering around obstacles. This mower is fairly heavy & is a little hard to push over my yard. To give it a good test, I cut the grass from 4" down to 2". My yard has fairly thick Bahia grass , so I thought this was a good test. The mower never slowed down & breezed through everything better, than my gas mower. There is a " turbo mode " that is like a governor, it will increase the blade speed automatically when hitting higher grass. It never used this, but I did try the turbo over-ride button a couple of times to make sure it worked. I am sure that in turbo mode, the batteries would not have lasted as long. Same thing with using self propelled. As I expected, the mower is much quieter than my gas mower. The cutting height is very easy to adjust, using one lever. The mower did not take long to get used to. Top speed is about as fast as anyone would want to walk, about 3 mph. The speed control is right at your thumb on the handlebar. You need to drive this somewhat like driving a car. You need to let up off the self propelled lever just before coming to a stop. If you don't , the drive wheels are locked & it is hard to pull it backwards. I learned this very quickly.
I am VERY happy with this mower & happy to get rid of my old gas mower.