Greenworks 25302 cordless mower won't start

ilyaz

Threads
Curb find: Greenworks 25302 cordless mower + charger + 1 battery (not 2). Charged the battery but the mower won't start. The safety key is in. When I insert the battery, the red LED light next to it does not light up. I removed the cover and everything seems to be connected properly, at least I am not seeing anything that's obviously disconnected.

1. Can it even run with just one battery?
2. If it can, what can be wrong with the mower?

TIA!

HarmonySeeker

Threads
Do you have to hold the handle in and then turn the key?

MowerMike

Threads
That mower runs on just one battery. If it doesn’t start with the battery installed in one compartment, try it in the other compartment. If it still doesn’t start, then it’s dead.

Also, first press and hold the start button, then pull back on the bail bar. Once the mower starts, you can release the start button.

ilyaz

Threads
I tried it. With the cover off, I see that when I press the button and then pull the bar, the cable going into a part with 4 connectors gets pulled. So that mechanical part seem stop be working. So what does "dead" mean? I doubt both motors died. The battery seems to be OK. Is there a fuse of some sort that might have blown? Or some other part that failed?

MowerMike

Threads
I tried it. With the cover off, I see that when I press the button and then pull the bar, the cable going into a part with 4 connectors gets pulled. So that mechanical part seem stop be working. So what does "dead" mean? I doubt both motors died. The battery seems to be OK. Is there a fuse of some sort that might have blown? Or some other part that failed?

Did you try the battery in both compartments ? Do you see a red key inserted in the small compartment ? There is no fuse in there, but there is an elaborate circuit board that can go bad. Also, that 4 terminal switch that the cable attaches to can cause problems. You can test it by detaching the cable and operating it manually.

jsalis57

Threads
Curb find: Greenworks 25302 cordless mower + charger + 1 battery (not 2). Charged the battery but the mower won't start. The safety key is in. When I insert the battery, the red LED light next to it does not light up. I removed the cover and everything seems to be connected properly, at least I am not seeing anything that's obviously disconnected.

1. Can it even run with just one battery?
2. If it can, what can be wrong with the mower?

TIA!
I know, this is more than a year old post but I just acquired one of these mowers and the problem was the red key, bad connection caused it to somewhat melt causing a no connection electrically. A bad design in my opinion.

chapcharlie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Try changing the battery and its compartments. If it's still not working, then you need a new motor.