Grease points on a Patriot?

Sooiepride

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I’m new to the forum. I just bought a Scag patriot and I just put my 7th hour on it. So far I’ve enjoyed the mower. It’s my first zero turn so I don’t have much to compare it to, but it sure beats my tractor and finishing mower!

I have a question that I thought you could help me with. My owners manual does not show the grease points for the Patriot. I downloaded the owners manual for the Liberty Z and it has a diagram showing the grease points which I thought was strange. Can anyone help me with locating the points? I’d like to keep up with maintenance and so I don’t want to miss one. Thanks in advance.

Sooiepride

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. That is what I’ve looked through over and over. No mention of grease points. Other Scag models’ grease points are mentioned in other manuals, just not the Patriot.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I will do more research & get back to you! Grease fittings are inside front wheels, front casters, spindles for blades, idler pulleys, check steering parts for grease fittings, etc. I found grease fittings in Parts Manual.

Last edited:

Sooiepride

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you Mark. Scag returned my email today and the gentleman told me that there are only a few grease points on the Patriot: One on each caster axle, and one on each caster pivot point. That’s it.

Thanks for the help!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Interesting, That doesn't sound right. My New Scag Liberty has 8 grease points.

Look at your machine. you should find grease fittings.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Looking over the IPL I don't see any other grease point other the ones for the casters. Spindles are using sealed 6305RST bearings, Deck moving idler arm is using plastic bushings, Drive moving idler arm is using sealed bearings, and deck lift arms bearings don't have zerks and are considered non serviceable.

This is unlike the Turf Tiger sitting on the service yard that has about a dozen zerks.

Sooiepride

Forum Newbie
Threads
StarTech, that's what I'm seeing as well. Part of me wishes the Patriot had more points to grease, but part of me is glad LOL. I plan to put this machine through a long life, so we will see how it works out.

Again, thanks to everyone for the help.

Perusing the Scag manuals for the latest serial numbers in each model, I found the following information:

Liberty Z owners manual has a grease diagram showing up to 7 grease points, depending on the deck size.
Freedom Z owners manual does not have a grease diagram, and there’s no mention of grease points or zerks searching the owners manual.
Patriot owners manual does not have a grease diagram, and the only mention of grease points are on the caster bearings and caster pivots.
Tiger Cat II owners manual shows 13 grease points and has a grease diagram.
Cheetah owners manual show 15 grease points and has a grease diagram.
Turf Tiger owners manual shows 17 grease points and has a grease diagram.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well I wiped off 8 grease points on my Liberty that were way over greased from the Dealer on my 48" deck. .