Export thread

Gravely ZT1844

R

rigdawg58

Hey Guys/Gals! My Gravely has a starting problem. The particulars are as follows: On a cold start the engine barely turns over or fails to turn over even with a new battery and or a jump. The thing is when you move the throttle to the lowest setting the engine turns over freely, then while the engine turning over, I can move the throttle up to the choke position or high idle and get it to start. It is almost like the timing changes with the throttle position or something. Anyway thanks for any help you can give.............Matt

ASEAudie

ASEAudie

Hey Guys/Gals! My Gravely has a starting problem. The particulars are as follows: On a cold start the engine barely turns over or fails to turn over even with a new battery and or a jump. The thing is when you move the throttle to the lowest setting the engine turns over freely, then while the engine turning over, I can move the throttle up to the choke position or high idle and get it to start. It is almost like the timing changes with the throttle position or something. Anyway thanks for any help you can give.............Matt

Valve clearance adjustment is needed.

R

rigdawg58

Valve clearance adjustment is needed.

What does something like that cost or is it something that a shade tree mechanic could attempt? Thanks......

P

poloman

I know you can do it with a feeler gauge. Can't wait to read advice from someone more knowledgeable than me. There are different settings for intake and exhaust. I want to know how to tell them apart.