Gravely pulley question about measurements

TrickyRicky

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a 05 gravely 152z. 1 hydro was a little weaker and the fan blades on top were broken off. So I decided to remove it inspect it and replace any worn parts. When I removed the drive pulley I used a bearing separator and a puller combo with a little heat. Only way to get it off. After looking up the replacement pulley number I had a question about if it was correct. WHAT IS THE CORRECT WAY TO MEASURE A PULLEY? Replacement pulley is listed as 4 x.199 . I measured the pulley outer edge to outer edge about 4.25 . Width about .5 inch outer to outer. So to make sure I order the right sized pulley I would like to ask for help

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just bought a 05 gravely 152z. 1 hydro was a little weaker and the fan blades on top were broken off. So I decided to remove it inspect it and replace any worn parts. When I removed the drive pulley I used a bearing separator and a puller combo with a little heat. Only way to get it off. After looking up the replacement pulley number I had a question about if it was correct. WHAT IS THE CORRECT WAY TO MEASURE A PULLEY? Replacement pulley is listed as 4 x.199 . I measured the pulley outer edge to outer edge about 4.25 . Width about .5 inch outer to outer. So to make sure I order the right sized pulley I would like to ask for help

Below is a link to the Gravely parts Search webpage. You should be able to find a manual for your Gravely if you don't have one and find the exact replacement part# for that pulley. If you can't, just call Gravely Customer Support. They are VERY helpful and will assist you in finding your part and/or a local dealer.

Find Part Numbers