Gravely Promaster 44Z Hydraulic Fluid Leak Issue

satman858

Threads
My house is over 200 feet from the Road, and a short time ago I was cutting the grass close to the road, and I started losing power quickly, so I turned the engine off, and got off my Zero Turn Gravely, when I lifted up the seat, there was Oil all over the place. Since the Mower was not moving I assumed it was a Hydraulic Fluid Leak Issue, and when I checked the dipstick it just showed a tiny dab. Last season I did a Hydraulic Fluid and Filter change, and had not had any problem all of last season. I had about 10 or so cuts this season so far with no issues. However, about 2 cuts ago, I noticed a tiny bit of oil under the mower, but after next cut, I did not find any. I included this information because maybe it was a sign, and I wanted to give you everything I know.

It appears to me that the major leak came from one of what looks like three Hydraulic lines on the left when facing from behind the mower. I need to get the mower back to my house as soon as possible fearing someone will steal it out by the Road. REmember my house is more than 200 feet from the road. I read somewhere that you are not suppose to mover a ZTM by towing it while it is not running, so what should you suggest I do to get it back to house?

Any and all comments are deeply appreciated.

satman858

Threads
I noticed this small Yellow rubber piece (That may be some type of seal) that was detached from what appears to be a Hydraulic line. Do you think that this is why and where the Hydraulic Fluid may be the place it went gushing out?

Look at the photo below:

Attachments

• H. Hose.jpg
    H. Hose.jpg
    733.3 KB · Views: 7

satman858

Threads
56 views with no a single person with any knowledge to help me. It looks like this forum is hopeless.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Personally I would use some UV dye and trace the leak to its source that way there is no guessing as what causing it and where it is. Oil leaks have a tendency to not be where you think they are or there are multiple leaks at the same time.

satman858

Threads
Personally I would use some UV dye and trace the leak to its source that way there is no guessing as what causing it and where it is. Oil leaks have a tendency to not be where you think they are or there are multiple leaks at the same time.
StarTech,

Thank you so must for your comment. Think the UV dye would have been a good suggestion, but after putting it more 15W50 oil, I could very clearly see exactly which hose had the leak, because it was such a big leak. I took the hose off yesterday and brought it to a machine shop, where that were able to match it, and make me up a replacement hose for it. I guess I will see after refilling it it and purging it, but I am pretty confident that it is just this hose only. I could use your help if you could answer a question I asked in a separate thread I started about reading my dipstick to get the right the proper reading as to not put to much or to little 15W50 oil in the Hydraulic tank.

Click the url link below, to tell me what you know: