Gravely Pro-Turn 160 (2014) Model # 991081 Transaxle Oil Leak

Rich Trahan

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Gravely Pro-Turn 160 (2014) Model # 991081 Transaxle Oil Leak
The Gravely Owners Manual calls for the Transmission oil and filter to be replaced every 400 hours amd to use 20w-50 motor oil. We brought our mower to the dealer that we purchased it from for them to change the oil and filters because I couldn't do it. A few months after the dealer changed the oil we noticed the left Transaxle had a slow leak, since it was a really slow the dealer said it would be really expensive and take a few weeks before they could fix the leak so they recommend we just check it often add oil as needed and if it gets worst then they could fix it. So 2 months ago when the Transaxle oil & filters needed to be changed again I decided to order the High Mile 20w-50 oil instead of the regular synthetic oil the dealer said we should use. I decided to order Castrol 03112 GTX High Mileage 20W-50 Synthetic Blend Motor Oil because the description on this oil stated that the seal conditioners in this oil help reduce leaks so I figured I don't have anything to lose other than an oil leak! After 2 months & over 8 hours of mowing in very hot Louisiana weather the oil level was still at the same level in the expansion tanks that it was when I put this oil in the mower unsually after sitting in the shed for a couple of weeks the tank on the left Transaxle would be empty and we would needed to add oil before we could use the mower again! So if anyone has a Zero Turn Mower that has oil leaking from the Transaxles I would tell them to try Castrol 03112 GTX High Mileage 20W-50 Synthetic Blend Motor Oil if their Mower's manual calls for 20w-50 motor oil because what do you have to lose other than an oil leak and you could save a lot of money. FYI, I got a 5 gallon jug of this oil from Amazon for $16.97 plus tax, hope this helps a follow Zero Turn Mower owner that has a Transaxle Oil Leak.