Gravely at hd 48 problems

Swede7067

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm frustrated....thought this might be a good place to air it. Bought my gravely zt hd 48 in April of this year. At ~ 15
Hours the right side hydro pooped the bed. They kept my mower 2.5 weeks....replaced the hydro under warranty....when they returned it, I noticed I would have to hit the switch 2 or 3 times before the mower would turn
Over. Mowed with it for the 2nd time today after the hydro replacement...now it won't turn over at all...just click...checked all the safety switches....tried jumping it off...still just click...less than 20 hrs on this 5000 dollar mower...dealer coming to pick it up tomorrow...needless to say I'm not a happy camper at this point....anybody else had any problems out of the gravelys???
Or did I just get a lemon??? Thanks for listening

Frustrated in north carolina

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm frustrated....thought this might be a good place to air it. Bought my gravely zt hd 48 in April of this year. At ~ 15
Hours the right side hydro pooped the bed. They kept my mower 2.5 weeks....replaced the hydro under warranty....when they returned it, I noticed I would have to hit the switch 2 or 3 times before the mower would turn
Over. Mowed with it for the 2nd time today after the hydro replacement...now it won't turn over at all...just click...checked all the safety switches....tried jumping it off...still just click...less than 20 hrs on this 5000 dollar mower...dealer coming to pick it up tomorrow...needless to say I'm not a happy camper at this point....anybody else had any problems out of the gravelys???
Or did I just get a lemon??? Thanks for listening

Frustrated in north carolina

Sounds like that dealer did not follow Gravely's specific dealer pre-delivery owner prep guidelines. Did you read your manual before first use and check the hydro oil resevoirs to be sure they were at the appropriate level? Of course, that really is a dealer pre-delivery responsibility!! It's unusual to have these kind of problems within the first 6 months with ANY brand ZTR when purchased new. I would first complain to the dealer and if they didn't resond that they had gone over your ZT HD with a fine tooth comb, checking everything, I would escalate it to Ariens Company(I don't think your dealer really wants that). If indeed you have a reputable dealer, they should get these initial problems resolved quickly under warranty and without keeping your machine for an extended period of time!!!
P.S.
Be patient, I don't think you got a "lemmon" as Gravely equipment is top quality...but they are a machine and there can be faulty parts installed when they are built. Of course, that's why they have a 3 Year/1,000 hour Consumer Warranty!!!