Grasshopper model 612 mower stalling

1mk2

Threads
Hi, I bought my model 612 Grasshopper in 2018 and it ran great through high grass and even wet grass but lately it wants to stall out in grass that is the least bit high. My mower is a down discharge mulching mower 44", I put new blades on it but it still isn't mowing as strong as it did. I checked to see if the pullies were free and I can move each one freely by hand. The belt seems fine and if it were stretched I would thing that it would slip so I am not sure what has changed to cause this problem. Anyone have any ideas what my problem might be? You can read "my model 612 Grasshopper story" thread if you want to see pictures and more have more info.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you cleaned underside of deck & greased spindles? Have you performed a major service since last year?

1mk2

Threads
Have you cleaned underside of deck & greased spindles? Have you performed a major service since last year?
Thanks so much for your reply,I did clean the underside of the deck but haven't greased the spindles as yet but will do so. I was thinking it is almost as if the engine wasn't putting out the hp it should, would that be possible? With a 14 hp engine I should go through grass like a breeze, now I understand it wouldn't do as good as a side discharge but it used to go through it without a problem. I had some issues with the engine but it is running fine now. Any thoughts?

gsim

Threads
Not familiar with your model. I once had weak discharge on my 930D2 Hoopper. It tured out to be bad 'E' relay. That relay (one of 5) goes from PTO switch to PTO clutch. It was either dirty contacts or weak conttact pressure. In fact it finally beban go kill engine when operated that same day. Doesn't sound like same exact thing you have tho. Another thought for reduced engine output is governor issue or carburetor accelerator pump. Sometimes those can be cleaned with acetylene torch tip file without taking them off. Seafoam cleaning solution an easy thing to try too.