Grasshopper 725dt traction issues

CPM

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm having a lot of trouble with traction on my grasshopper 725dt. Has a 61" deck, bar tread tires, and 100lb weight kit on the back. I've tightened down the traction springs from the factory set 1.25" to 1" on each side. Little better, ride improved slightly as well, and the rear end isn't rearing up, goes downhill fine. But the traction still sucks and won't hold a side hill to save its life. I have the quick raise button feature on the handlebar and it seems to have way better traction with it raised and all the weight on the drive tires which is to be expected. My question is anyone go tighter then 1", or all the way? Anyone tried tire weights, I'm not that heavy of a guy. And on another thread a guy was talking about finding a second set of holes in the linkage to the deck that the manual didn't mention and when he moved to those, it was night and day difference in traction. I can't for the life of me locate what he's talking about and it's a very old post. Any tips or pics would be greatly appreciated, thanks!