Grasshopper 223 with Kohler Command Pro 23 stalling when give full throttle

MidTN

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Grasshopper 223 with Kohler Command Pro 23 stalling when give full throttle
I have a 223 with a Kolher pro command engine. At times, when it is given full throttle it tries to die off. I can let off the throttle handles and it will perk back up. Seems to be worse when engine is warm. It always starts right back up no problems may go another 30 minutes then does it again or it may do it several times in a row. Really bad if trying to mow grade because of need to push more throttle. We have changed fuel filter, cleaned trash from bowl, tested coils, stator, changed air filter, and added sea foam to the fuel. I have been able to mow and have added new fuel as it gets low. Very frustrating! Help please!

jd 300

Threads
sounds like a fuel problem check the vent in gas cap and vacuum line to the fuel pump.Also check the shutoff solnoid on the carb and if it has a good wire connection.

MidTN

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks it being sporadic makes it difficult!

shona13

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks it being sporadic makes it difficult!
On the carburettor,Adjust the fuel mixture, turn the knurled screw with the spring behind it ,Anti clockwise to make the fuel more rich ,just a little bit at a time ,slowly screw out till the engine starts to slow down then, screw the adjustment screw in ,clockwise, till you reach the point when the engine slows again ,these two positions are the goalposts if you like, find the Sweet spot inside these two points ,I prefer to run the engine more on the Rich side ,it is more responsive when you load it up and the engine will run a bit cooler.
Hope that helps someone .
Stay safe.