Good price on a Tiger Cat II? Striping Kit?

BobbyV43

Member
Now that spring is almost here, I need to buy a mower and the Tiger Cat II is what I decided on. I haven't gotten into talking price with any dealers yet, and before I do, I'd like to know what price would represent a good deal.

Also, is it worth it to buy the striping kit?
 
First dealer I spoke to gave me a price of:

Kawasaki - $8799.00
Kohler $9499.00

This is the first dealer I reached out to and I haven't spent time trying to put a deal together. Can I do better? is the the 22hp Kawasaki enough for my flat mowing?
 
For a well maintained lawn the 22 kawi should be fine. That engine does well on my 52 inch Bob-Cat. Granted the Scag is a heavier machine and has a different style transmission so it's not an apples-to-apples comparison, but unless you're going to be running a vacuum bagger all the time I think you'll be fine.
 
Price seems good to me for a machine of that caliber but I have no knowledge of Scag pricing, and even if I did prices tend to vary by region so they wouldn't really be comparable between our locations.
 
Good that you were able to get a decent deal. A year or so from now maybe you'll say you'd have paid more and still been okay with it. You'll see what I mean. It's a really nice machine! Enjoy!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top