Getting a Tune UP and

Fatdaddy

Threads
331 Diesel has 500 hrs on it.. What all do I need to get done at the shop?
Tune up, how about Trans fluid? I do the Oil myself..... What else needs doing?
About how much is a Tune up on a Diesel?

Fatdaddy

Threads
I just can't believe that 124 people read this and don't give me any NO things to think about..
Of all my forums Im on this one is really the pits not just mine look at the replies not very many.
So be it

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are not going to get any help after that last post. Do you feel the the techs on this forum are at you becon call. We do this as a service to members, but we do have jobs and a life. You say you want info on a tune-up, which to most shops means engine only, then you as about tranny fluid, which then means complete check over make sure it's ready for the season. What do you want? Your owners manual has a complete listing of what maintenance has to be done at different times. I was going to post this for you yesterday, but didn't have time to scan it, now I'm not wasting my time. Take it to your dealer whose labor rates are in this range. $85-125/hr

My Labor rate:

Hourly rate. $85/hr

Hourly rate if you watch $100/hr

Hourly rate if you worked on it $150/hr

Hourly rate if you stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. Put it back on the trailer, you know more than me.

So be it, I'll work with someone who is going to work with a worthy sane mind. Your type of posts are why many techs don't reply to many threads, we want to work with those who respect us, no redicule us. Sleep tight.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks Rivets, I was thinking the same thing.

Fatdaddy

Threads
Well OK I don' t want no help from a SHOP OR SERVICE COMPANY .. I want a everyday Joe who has done that one who is nice give you some nice help....
you see all these threads from people with NO REPLYS and very little repiles.. What does that say about this site..
That's the problem we got money makers ever where.... tell you what I will be done with this site..

Look at that one post 6,350 people looked at it.. It has 11 replys is a moderator suppose to help out a little in users questons

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
FatDaddy, you asked how much does a tune-up cost in your original post. That is normally answered by someone in a shop. Now you say you don't want help from a shop or service company. Who do you feel is best suited to answer your questions. If you have been around forums as much as you say, you should know better. The ZD331 has only been out for 4 years and I'll bet the the everyday Joe who owns one, has his serviced in the shop to make sure a new machine is done right. I doubt if you even know how this forum works. Out of the 51,000 member I'll bet that less than 100 are active techs and less than 50 work on diesels. Attitudes like your's keep many of us from even answering posts like you posted. You are the customer we hate to see, because they know more than we do and if we can't make a every unit they bring in run like brand new, for less than $50 we are just trying to get more money out of you. Please go to the other forums you mentioned and after they give you the answers you want refer them to this forum. I'll bet every good tech who reads this will agree with me, you are wrong and I am right. I really feel sorry for the dealer who sold you this unit, he's in for many years of grief trying to please you.