Export thread

GCV530 Running issues

Murphy’s Mowers

Murphy’s Mowers

Good evening all.
I have a GCV530 in a HF2417.
Suffering from engine speed stability (huntung) issues.
So far I’ve set the valve clearances, changed oil, oil filter, air filter and fuel filter, changed the plugs, checked the spark is working, put a brand new Honda oem carb on it, changed the regulator spring, changed the fuel pump and prayed to the Lawn Mower Gods.
Nothing works!
It is definitely running lean, spark plugs are white, and it’ll run perfect if i partially block the inlet manifold.
Please help before i throw a match at it.

R

ron branch

Good evening all.
So far I’ve set the valve clearances, changed oil, oil filter, air filter and fuel filter, changed the plugs, checked the spark is working, put a brand new Honda oem carb on it, changed the regulator spring, changed the fuel pump and prayed to the Lawn Mower Gods.
Nothing works!
It is definitely running lean, spark plugs are white, and it’ll run perfect if i partially block the inlet manifold.

R

ron branch

hi we have the same problem but unable to read any messages to your question did you get a fix for the problem ??

woodstover

woodstover

Good evening all.
Nothing works!
Did you check the gas flow from the tank to the fuel pump? Should be a good steady stream. Does it improve if you loosen your gas cap?

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

hi we have the same problem but unable to read any messages to your question did you get a fix for the problem ??
Dirty carburetor and or air intake leak.