GCV 160

jackcu

Threads
I have a pressure washer with a Honda gcv 160
I have changed carb, plug, coil. Coil fires but won’t start. Any ideas?

Bertrrr

Threads
If it's firing shoot a little starting fluid in the intake and see if it starts for a few seconds if it does then it's fuel and don't rule out the plug even if it's new

jackcu

Threads
Did the starting fluid thing, no luck. Yes i out a new plug in it but I will try another

Oddjob

Threads
Did the starting fluid thing, no luck. Yes i out a new plug in it but I will try an
If the plug is sparking but not igniting the starter fluid then you either have low compression or you have jumped time. I had a pressure washer once that sheared the woodruff key every time I stopped the engine. It only did this when the pump was attached, so I guess there was an issue with the pump not releasing pressure. In your case, I would do a quickee compression check by putting my thumb over the spark plug hole and pulling the cord. If it blows my thumb off the hole (good compression) then I’d pull the flywheel and see if it sheared the woodruff key.

jackcu

Threads
I checked compression its at 80 psi. I was thinking timing as well. Also, at times the compression stroke seems really strong, almost like the compression release.
is not working properly. Thank you for the help.

Oddjob

Threads
I checked compression its at 80 psi. I was thinking timing as well. Also, at times the compression stroke seems really strong, almost like the compression release.
is not working properly. Thank you for the help.
Let us know when you get it figured out. If it turns out to be ignition timing due to sheared off key, you’ll need to determine why it sheared. You can’t hit an immoveable object with a pressure washer, so the prime suspect has to be the pump locking up the drive shaft.