GC190 Oil Leak

beebo172

Threads
I have a pressure washer with a Honda GC190 engine. It is leaking oil at the base of the motor where the motor sits on the frame. The pump is side mounted. I am pretty good with tools, but have never done this type of repair. It looks like all I need to do is unbolt the engine, clean off the old sealant, and reseal. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
pw2.jpg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You determine where the leak is first. Here I use UV dye to find oil leaks as they can in an unexpected place like the last GX390 I repaired With the way it was leaking you would swear it was a flywheel side oil seal as oil was under the engine at the shroud but it turned out to be the oil fill cap seal instead.

beebo172

Threads
You determine where the leak is first. Here I use UV dye to find oil leaks as they can in an unexpected place like the last GX390 I repaired With the way it was leaking you would swear it was a flywheel side oil seal as oil was under the engine at the shroud but it turned out to be the oil fill cap seal instead.
It is leaking all around the base, where the motor meets the base. All the way around, like there is no sealant. Any suggestions on what type of sealant to use?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The type of sealant that you choose isn't as important as following the directions for the sealant that you choose.

Wayne Barlow

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is leaking all around the base, where the motor meets the base. All the way around, like there is no sealant. Any suggestions on what type of sealant to use?
Did you get your pressure washer repaired? If so, what was the problem? I have a similar problem with my GC190 Simpson PW