Gas in oil

tallstallion

Forum Newbie
Threads

17.5hp briggs and stratton engine on my d105 john deere riding mower has a lot of gas coming into the oil.​

I have already changed the oil, oil filter, diaphragm, carburetor with new shut off solenoid and as soon as I get it running I check and the longer it runs the worse the oil gets. This happens within minutes and my oil is like white now.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Does it have a fuel pump or is gravity fed?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Alrighty, could you post the model number of the engine? should be stamped into the valve cover.
Did you buy the carb from amazon, or an OEM carburetor? It's not uncommon for a cheap one to be bad right out of the box.
it is possible your fuel line is deteriorating on the inside and chunks of it can lodge in the float needle seat and hold it open,

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Carb needle/seat not sealing proper.

Like Scrubcadet10 was getting at, clean the tank, new fuel lines, filter and shut off valve would be nice.

Once carb is fixed - Dump the oil. Mow. Dump the oil. Mow. Dump the oil. Mow as normal.

Mikel1

Threads
Does the oil level increase? You say it is white, in the crankcase or smoke?

tallstallion

Forum Newbie
Threads
Carb needle/seat not sealing proper.

Like Scrubcadet10 was getting at, clean the tank, new fuel lines, filter and shut off valve would be nice.

Once carb is fixed - Dump the oil. Mow. Dump the oil. Mow. Dump the oil. Mow as normal.
This seems to have worked. I had already done everything everyone else was saying and I was afraid to run it looking like it did but you were the second person to say go ahead and mow then dump. Oil looks normal finally after the 3rd dump and I ran it for almost an hour this last time. Thank you.

tallstallion

Forum Newbie
Threads
In the crankcase. All good after following advise to mow like that and dump a couple times.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Usually milky oil is water instead fuel in the oil. And is harder to remove as water vaporates so it is not all suspended in the oil.