T tim54 Forum Newbie Feb 18, 2018 #1 i have a craftmans lawn tractoer with a 18hp opposed twin briggs and straton. i was woundering if gas in the oil would efect the ignition ciol not to spark?
i have a craftmans lawn tractoer with a 18hp opposed twin briggs and straton. i was woundering if gas in the oil would efect the ignition ciol not to spark?
7394 Lawn Pro Feb 18, 2018 #2 If you do have gas in the oil, I would be concerned to drain the oil & get fresh oil back in there. Should not affect coil spark. But you may wanna consider adding a gas shut-off if gas is passing into the engine. Or fix the carb.
If you do have gas in the oil, I would be concerned to drain the oil & get fresh oil back in there. Should not affect coil spark. But you may wanna consider adding a gas shut-off if gas is passing into the engine. Or fix the carb.
Catherine LawnWorld Support Feb 19, 2018 #3 :welcome: Welcome to the forum! I'm going to move this thread over to our Craftsman section.
Boudreaux In Eunice La. Lawn Addict Feb 19, 2018 #4 I'm pretty sure you have a Walbro carb on that one........... The seat is bad and letting gas get sucked into the crankcase via the fuel pump.... A carb job should remedy your issue ~!~!
I'm pretty sure you have a Walbro carb on that one........... The seat is bad and letting gas get sucked into the crankcase via the fuel pump.... A carb job should remedy your issue ~!~!