Gaming

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Gamers, when the word comes up, makes some think of a pimple faced, overweight 20+ yr old still living with his parents because he's so addicted to video games, he doesn't know how to function in society.

But after retirement, it can take on a whole new meaning. I started playing video games when I came off the road in trucking. My ex had moved my kids out of state, and video games helped us stay connected. We had our headsets and could play and talk for hours every week. We had a lot of laughs during that time.

Since they're busy with life, like I was at that time, they hardly ever play. So I got out my old console and played a few rounds a couple of years ago. (IIRC, it was during the winter). This year has been very slow, because of the new shop that opened in town, so I'm still playing.
I recently got a game called Red Dead Redemption 2. The time is around the late 1900's. The setting is anything from the open plains, snow capped mountains or the swamps. I'm the main character is a gang of misfit thieves, on horseback. I'm constantly doing both good deeds and bad. Robbing trains, banks or stage coaches to helping someone get out of a bear trap. Hunting and fishing. Looking for gold and treasures. Being a bounty hunter. There's so much involved in this game.

For an older guy, I find it's extremely entertaining. Especially when the news is always bad or boring. And nothing on TV that's interesting anymore.

It seems wrong for someone in their mid 50's to be playing video games. But it's just so much fun.

Craftsman Garage

Threads
Very off-topic and wrong forum but sounds fun. I am 14 with a small engine business, and since I am so obsessed with engines, I do play video games when I'm not fixing stuff, but it's almost always racing games. Video games weren't meant to only be played by kids. You're retired now, do whatever you want :)