Fuel Selanoid

fouurhoofs

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lawn mower is a Cub Cadet with a Kohler 7000 series motor. It was running just fine and then acted like it ran out of gas (full tank). Believe it to be a fuel selanoid, part house can't find it. It is a 22 hp, KT725-3078. Is there a good link to cross reference? I am having a difficult time finding the correct one. 4702501563 is the serial number. Thanks in advance.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
32 757 01-s is the solenoid. Are you sure it is the fuel solenoid causing issues. make sure you have 12 volts at the solenoid and make sure the ground is connector to the carb Does the solenoid click when you turn the key on and off.

Last edited:
Threads
Could be the fuel solenoid. Could also be a clogged/dirty carburetor. Also, make sure you have good fuel flow in the fuel line. It could have a clog or there could be debris in the gas tank plugging the hole. You wouldn't believe the crap I've found in gas tanks!!!

Don't get tunnel vision. It may not be a fuel issue at all.

Dyno

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a cub 1517 rider and I,m trying to find the fuel solenoid. I know it is on the bottom of the carb. There are many things in the way. Fires up, runs for a few then quits. Smokes like it's choking. Then quits. I want to saw off the switch and then add a shut off valve of my own. Any ideas on how to locate it.? After it sits for awhile it will start and run for a few seconds, smoke and quit. Replaced the coil, spark plug, filter, It doesn't seem like a fuel problem. The carb is wet with fuel after it quits. I wondered about fuel cap venting but it quits running before venting should be a problem. Fuel flows freely in the lines. Has fresh gas, new air filter, Is there a diagram of the location of the solenoid and how to get at it? Thanks.

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If it smokes like it is choking meaning it is blowing black smoke your problem isn't the fuel solenoid which has the single purpose of help to prevent the engine from going bang when shut off. It doesn't stop the fuel flow into the carb, From your description I would suspect that the fuel valve isn't sealing causing the carb to overflow when running causing flooding. Then when it dies the fuel evaporates allowing the next start until it overfilled the carb again which causing flooding.

Sounds more like you need to remove the carb, and clean it and install a carb repair kit. And if you can hear the fuel solenoid on the bottom of the carb click when the key is turned on and off then it is working. A fuel shut off valve can help prevent fuel into the engine when not running but won't do a thing to fix your issue.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you sure as what I see on Kolher Plus is that either a Nikki or Walbro could be in use?
Startech, The serial number of the engine given in the first post puts it in the Walbro range which is before 50xxxxxxx After 50xxxxxxxx uses the Nikki. Have to look at the fuel system page to get the carb part number to see the serial number break.