FUEL FILTER TECUMSEH 2.5 HP--WHERE IS IT?

BobTy

Threads
Folks:
I have a Tecumseh motor 143-824022, 2.5 hp on my edger. I have it running just fine, but what bothers me is that there doesn't appear to be a fuel filter on it, which I think is very strange. The distance between the tank and the carb is very short and it requires a 90 degree bend. I have checked out several Tecumseh parts diagrams for the motor and there is no reference to a fuel filter. A local mower shop told me the filter is inside the tank. If it is I can't see it and there is no part number I can find to replace it. I prefer to operate my equipment with a filter and shut off valve. Since I can't find a OEM filter replacement, I installed a 90 degree shut off valve. But there is no room for a inline filter because the distance from tank to carb is so short. I see that 90 degree inline filters are available, but the local shop did not have one.

So, can anyone advise what the fuel filter setup is on those engines? Attached is a pic of my setup as I have it presently.

All advice is appreciated.
Bob

Attachments

• edger fuel.jpg
    edger fuel.jpg
    883.6 KB · Views: 4

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That tank should have a screen filter, molded over the fuel outlet Inside the tank.

BobTy

Threads
That tank should have a screen filter, molded over the fuel outlet Inside the tank.
Thanks, so there is no further action I have to take. I flushed the tank before putting it into use, so that should do it.