Fuel dump problem

Threads
I am working on a craftsman mower with electric start and self propulsion.

My problem is the carburetor. I rebuilt it and have the thing running. Problem is the darn thing dumps fuel out the air intake. I set the float level as prescribed. Dumps. I set the float with a number five drill bit. Dumps. I have tried everyting I can think of and it still dumps. Does anyone have an idea whats going on?

I thought maybe I may have put the needle seat in upside down. As far as I know the grooved edge faces the interior of the float bowl......Right.

This thing has thrown every problem in the book at me and is driving me nuts. I have been working on it every day for two weeks. I am so close but so far away.

HELP

Richard

Threads
I am working on a craftsman mower with electric start and self propulsion.

My problem is the carburetor. I rebuilt it and have the thing running. Problem is the darn thing dumps fuel out the air intake. I set the float level as prescribed. Dumps. I set the float with a number five drill bit. Dumps. I have tried everyting I can think of and it still dumps. Does anyone have an idea whats going on?

I thought maybe I may have put the needle seat in upside down. As far as I know the grooved edge faces the interior of the float bowl......Right.

This thing has thrown every problem in the book at me and is driving me nuts. I have been working on it every day for two weeks. I am so close but so far away.

HELP

Richard

The side of the seat that has the rounded spot in it should face upward toward the needle i think..

Threads
If the side of the seat with the donut on it faces the needle, I got it right. I hope someone can tell me why its dumping fuel from the carb through the air intake. This is nuts. It shouldnt do this. The thing runs like a champ but I cant let it set with fuel in it. Go figure? Maybe.......I got a bad seat in the carb packet? Maybe I got a bad needle? Maybe they don't match? Lots of maybes and they all cost money.
.....................Nutz Nutz Nutz:frown:

taxidermist

Threads
There will be gooves on one side of the seat. When you install the seat, spray some WD-40 on it and install the seat so the grooves face down in the carburetor, (you should see the smooth part of the seat facing you). Press the seat in with a flat punch until the seat bottoms out.

Yours.."As far as I know the grooved edge faces the interior of the float bowl......Right."

Rob

hanyoukimura

Threads
I'm having the same problem despite putting in a new seat, pin, float, and gaskets. It's really annoying.

hanyoukimura

Threads
I've boat another kit and I guess I'll replace the seat again, but this Tecumseh is really grinding on my nerves. :mad: