Fuel delivery issue with Kubota ZD 326

LakesideBon

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower quit running. The fuel pump wasn't running when the key was on. I Pulled the fuel hose and no fuel was coming out of the filter. I waited for about an hour and then the pump ran when the key was turned on. I started mowing and after 15 or 20 minutes it did the same thing. I let it sit and then it started.
I changed the 2 fuel filters and ran the mower for a couple of hours with no problems. Next day had the same issue. I do not understand why the fuel pump stops running and then after sitting for a while it starts again. Actually it starts after I remove the fuel line and then turn the key on. Thought maybe the fuel tank cap vents might be plugged and causing a vacuum, but ran the mower with the fuel caps loose and had the same problem. Maybe it is a bad fuel pump bit comes back on after sitting.Any thoughts or suggestions.

slc10844

Threads
Sounds like an electrical isssue. When the fuel pump quits check for voltage at the pump. If you have voltage at the pump the pump is bad. If there isn't any voltage start back tracking the wiring. Don't forget to also check the ground wires.

MReeter

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know I'm a little late, had this same issue with my ZD-28. Battery was no good, had enough juice to start the engine, but in a short while not enough juice to run the fuel pump.

Installed new battery and all was well again. Hope you have got yours running by now.