FS76 Trimmer information?

Cannon51

Threads
My BIL is cleaning out his basement and brought me an FS76 trimmer/brushcutter. I have not been able to find a manual or IPL online. It has not been run in 4-5 years but seems to have good compression. I think this model was produced in the mid 90's so parts may be hard to find. Any information appreciated.
Cannon

Cannon51

Threads
FS76fromsteve 002.jpgMark, thanks for your reply. I put some gas in it yesterday and it cranked but ran wide open, only was to control rpm was with choke. I removed the cover and found the throttle cable not connected. I connected it but the spring on the carb is broken or disconnected. I need to clean it up and remove the carb and see whats wrong. The air filter is nasty, is this a hot soapy water wash and dry or replace? I found an IPL but it in German, the part numbers work.
CannonFS76fromsteve 005.jpg

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
View attachment 22465Mark, thanks for your reply. I put some gas in it yesterday and it cranked but ran wide open, only was to control rpm was with choke. I removed the cover and found the throttle cable not connected. I connected it but the spring on the carb is broken or disconnected. I need to clean it up and remove the carb and see whats wrong. The air filter is nasty, is this a hot soapy water wash and dry or replace? I found an IPL but it in German, the part numbers work.
CannonView attachment 22464
Replace air filter & use carburetor cleaner on carb.

Cannon51

Threads
I got the carb sprayed off and removed from the trimmer. The throttle spring is indeed broken. I have another Walbro carb I saved off a dead blower I am going to try to get the spring off of. Wonder how many turns of the shaft to properly tension the spring.
Cannon

Cannon51

Threads
I got the spring off the scrap carp onto the Stihl carb. It seems to work good. I am going to pick up a new air filter today. thanks for the help. I would still like to find an owners manual.
Cannon

Cannon51

Threads
I contacted Stihl through there website and ask for a manual. They sent me a PDF manual in a few hours.
Thanks
Cannon