FS651V on a 52" Wright StanderB (stalling uphill)

RobGMiller

Forum Newbie
Threads
For my home residence use, I have a Wright 52” StanderB with a Kawasaki FS651V engine.
My lawn is about 1.5 acres and 90% of my lawn is a 15° slope.After 43 ¼ hours of use since purchase, the mower was stalling about ¾ into the mow only as I approached the top of my hill. I could right the engine if I let up on the gas, but it continued stalling at the top of every pass for the remaining ¼ of the mow - slowing things down significantly. This issue continued for the next 5 mows (additional 5½ hours), and one that 5th mow was the first time the stalling pushed it to quit - the engine stopped, and when I tried cranking it up again flames burst out of the exhaust! (That’s also when I noticed that all of the paint on the exhaust had burnt off since it was new.) Each of these mows I would check the spark plug, oil, fuel level, air filter - each were fine. I recently switched to non-ethanol fuel and that got me one more hour, a complete mow of the yard, and then the next mow the problem came back, but sooner into the mow than before - and since then I can’t get it to run more than 5 minutes (on numerous attempts).

txmowman

Threads
Take a good look at the top of the carburetor. See if either of the welch plugs are missing. If either of the circles look like your carburetor, then it is not right.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220724-094235_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220724-094235_Gallery.jpg
    905.1 KB · Views: 4