Friend bought a new tiger cat

Bobby Boyd

Threads
My friend bought a new tiger cat and discovered it doesn't have a gas gauge. Is is normal?

-bobby

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fuel quantity gauges are not available on the Tiger Cat. Not a big deal, most gauges don't indicate correctly unless the machine is level and not moving. While mowing with my Hustler X-ONE which has electric fuel quantity gauges, I've run one tank dry while mowing in the cemetery as my attention was directed to close mowing on both sides of the machine as it is a rear discharge machine.
Getting anxious for the snow to go away and the grass to start growing, but with these temperatures, going to be a while!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

Bobby Boyd

Threads
Thanks for the reply. I agree about the gauge. My turf tiger has one and the only time I'm confident in using it is when it is in my garden shed (level floor). My old john deere didn't have one either and I really didn't need it. Temps here in Nashville have warmed into the 60's. I mowed a small area of annual rye yesterday with my tt. Still have mulching plate with oregon mulching blades on and will keep them on through the first mowing then change to new set of blades and remove the mulching plate. This will be my third season to mow with it. Seems like just yesterday I bought it. Still learning about it.

I'm still confused as to what grease(s) to use. Finally settled on o'reilly's red grease that is used by Faxon's in Bowling Green KY. I still believe the main thing is to grease everything periodically.

-bobby

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi bobby,
Nice to hear that things are warming up, maybe some of the warmth will flow up to New England!!!
The spindle grease is a particular spec and possibly the U joint grease is the same spec. To reduce the different types of grease that I have here, I lube the entire machine with the spindle spec grease which is OK.
My Scag Tiger Cub is ready to go, just needs the battery and fuel and I can't wait to fire it up. I'll use the treated gasoline that I have stored for generator use and refill the jugs as I use them up.
Just watching "Wicked Tuna" on the Nat Geo channel, I used to do that in the 70s, gets my blood flowing, but too old for that now!!HaHa!!! Gotta unload my trailer of stuff and put my lawn care equipment back in. I should check the trailer wheel bearings and brakes as the trailer is 11 years old. The Dexter axles are setup to push lube back thru the bearings when greased which I generally do once a year.
Later
Mad Mackie in still snowy CT!!!!:laughing::biggrin::smile:

tigercat

Threads
I fired mine up yesterday. First time in was over 40F in several months. I let it idle a while then shut it back down. Sweet machine. Let the snow be gone, I'm sick of this winter!

Threads
Thanks for the reply. I agree about the gauge. My turf tiger has one and the only time I'm confident in using it is when it is in my garden shed (level floor). My old john deere didn't have one either and I really didn't need it. Temps here in Nashville have warmed into the 60's. I mowed a small area of annual rye yesterday with my tt. Still have mulching plate with oregon mulching blades on and will keep them on through the first mowing then change to new set of blades and remove the mulching plate. This will be my third season to mow with it. Seems like just yesterday I bought it. Still learning about it.

I'm still confused as to what grease(s) to use. Finally settled on o'reilly's red grease that is used by Faxon's in Bowling Green KY. I still believe the main thing is to grease everything periodically.

-bobby

Red grease is high temp so it should be fine just never mix it with any other grease. Our grass in Lebanon is still brown but it is showing a hint of green here, and there.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Red grease is high temp so it should be fine just never mix it with any other grease. Our grass in Lebanon is still brown but it is showing a hint of green here, and there.

Not trying to change subject but why can't you mix grease? I ask because I've used a few different brands types over the years and never bothered to clean the old stuff out