Forward Control Cable Routing - Gravely WAW 1034

kleine1us

Forum Newbie
Threads
I picked up a used Gravely the other day and the owner claimed the belts needed to be reinstalled / checked. Belts and cables were all disconnected. Brought it home and it turned out to be a sheared drive axle. Got that ordered and installed with relatively easily. Problem is that I was able to find diagrams online for the belts, but I can't find a diagram or schematic for the cables anywhere, so I'm left guessing. Can anyone provide some clarity on this? Attached picture shows the transmission and pulleys. The tensioner spring for the idler arm is intentionally removed, not missing. I thought the forward drive cable would come out and loop around the top pulley of the idler arm to then have the spring connect to the slot in the frame, but this seems far too tight. What am I missing? Looking forward to using this for a final lawn cutting for the year.

Attachments

• Gravely cable small.jpg
    Gravely cable small.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 5

tdixon2376

Forum Newbie
Threads
I picked up a used Gravely the other day and the owner claimed the belts needed to be reinstalled / checked. Belts and cables were all disconnected. Brought it home and it turned out to be a sheared drive axle. Got that ordered and installed with relatively easily. Problem is that I was able to find diagrams online for the belts, but I can't find a diagram or schematic for the cables anywhere, so I'm left guessing. Can anyone provide some clarity on this? Attached picture shows the transmission and pulleys. The tensioner spring for the idler arm is intentionally removed, not missing. I thought the forward drive cable would come out and loop around the top pulley of the idler arm to then have the spring connect to the slot in the frame, but this seems far too tight. What am I missing? Looking forward to using this for a final lawn cutting for the year.
Did you get anywhere with this - I have the same question/issue. Thanks.