Ford YT16

sandbagger

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm about to enter the yard tractor version of Ford. I figured $450 wasn't so bad a price to pay for a running & mowing Ford. I have 4 acres and usually use my 1710 with a Woods RM59-1, but the canopy keeps me from getting as close as I'd like. So...I'm giving it a shot. Wish me luck, and are there any YT owners out there that have opinions on this Ford YT version??

Ifixdit

Threads
I'd say if it says "Ford" anywhere on the body that it's a keeper :wink:

bcosta

Forum Newbie
Threads
really u bought your ford yt16 for 450 i got mine for 200 but it was my 13th birthday present i dont know much about them if you have and info please reply cause theres not to many sites to find about them:biggrin:

bcosta

Forum Newbie
Threads
ya see thats the thing , ive already been to that one and i think mines an 1985, but thanks for tryin

sandbagger

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, I've had mine now for 5 months. This is a fast son of a gun. I had to replace the fuel tank (what a crock, had to pull engine just to get it out) and changed the trans belt while I was at it. I really love this little mower. If you need a service manual try a Gilson or LawnBoy YT16.
Ready for mowing season!!:smile:

sandbagger

Forum Newbie
Threads
really u bought your ford yt16 for 450 i got mine for 200 but it was my 13th birthday present i dont know much about them if you have and info please reply cause theres not to many sites to find about them:biggrin:

For parts; New Holland Ag site will list anything you need. Messicks also has a good supply of parts. I found my fuel tank on EBAY. I bought a service manual for a LawnBoy YT16. Very much alike. Just a few differences. Good luck& have fun!