flywheel key

green dream

Threads
my craftman lawn mower is all fixed except for the flywheel key. everyone is willing to give me one until they find out it is a techumseh motor(5.5hp). i then find out it is out of stock and no longer made or i have to modify one. everything else is done. it is not that old and i didn't want to pay 25.00 in shipping for a three dollar part.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please post all the engine numbers. I have been working on Tecumseh engines for over 50 years and this would be the first time I’ve ever heard that a flywheel key is no long available.

Cusser

Threads
I'd look on Ebay, can immediately see the shipped price; yes there are several types of flywheel keys, so must match/find correct one. like this for #611004 key. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...m570.l1313&_nkw=flywheel+key++611004&_sacat=0

I used to have a Craftsman mower with a Tecumseh Eager1 engine; I broke its flywheel key so bought a new one to fix it, and at least one spare. Mine used flywheel key #611004 so I still have those flywheel keys, would send you those free/postage if they are the part number you need, as I have no use for them as I "retired" it for a newer model. However, the kicker is that the keys are 100 miles away from where I am now, and won't be at that location until about a week.

Mower King

Threads
my craftman lawn mower is all fixed except for the flywheel key. everyone is willing to give me one until they find out it is a techumseh motor(5.5hp). i then find out it is out of stock and no longer made or i have to modify one. everything else is done. it is not that old and i didn't want to pay 25.00 in shipping for a three dollar part.
If you can't find one, get a B&S key, or any key that is Aluminum and grind it down, should be fairly easy because it's Alum...right?
Just be careful when you tighten the flywheel back down, if I remember right, the Tecumseh engines have a rather small crankshaft snout and can be twisted off easily.