First I've seen this......

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Sorry, but there's no model number left on this Craftsman push mower. It's a self propelled with a Honda engine.

When it came in, the front right wheel was about to fall off. Obviously, the wheel bearing has gone bad.

What I can't figure out is how it's about to fall out. The snap ring on the inside was off, so I put that back on and it's still loose. Everything from the height adjustment is loose.
The other side seems to have some sort of rubber O ring that's fitted snug.

Anyone know what model number this set up would be so I can find a diagram?
 
PT you have been around this forum long enough to know that we need more info than you provided, as Craftsman with Honda engine could be a lot of different units. Come on throw us a bone here. I understand that you don’t have numbers, so how about a few pictures showing all parts of the unit so we see what you see. Second, have you tried contacting Sears or Honda tech service with the engine numbers, as they should be able to help you narrow down year and model?
 
PT you have been around this forum long enough to know that we need more info than you provided, as Craftsman with Honda engine could be a lot of different units. Come on throw us a bone here. I understand that you don’t have numbers, so how about a few pictures showing all parts of the unit so we see what you see. Second, have you tried contacting Sears or Honda tech service with the engine numbers, as they should be able to help you narrow down year and model?

Yes, I have been here long enough. I posted this just after my thumb got air hammered. Holding and working a phone was not in my repertoire at the moment.

20200803_091042.jpg20200803_091034.jpg
 
Is it an MTD craftsman? I have had a couple MTD made push mowers come in with floppy wheels from worn bearing and the only part spared was the entire adjuster assy and comes back NLA.
 
It sure does look like an MTD. This is a Troy-Bilt model number and it looks to be the same or very similar. Worth a shot. 12AV565Q711
 
Back
Top