Ferris mower jerks or jumps when hydros are engaged

utmower

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am new to this site. I have a 1000Z Ferris mower. It is an older mower and it has begun to be jerky when you engage the hydros. I have ordered new stabilizers to go on the control levers. Hoping this will help this problem.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld!

I moved your thread to the Ferris forum. :smile:

gregjo1948

Threads
Do both wheels jerk? Try engaging each side seperately. I'm thinking hydro valve problem. There might be an adjustment that can cure it. gregjo1948

utmower

Forum Newbie
Threads
I installed the new stabilizers and they helped the problem considerably. It did seem to be a problem with both hydros. Is the adjustment that you are talking about on the control levers or is there more adjustments that I don't know about. thanks for answering my post.

gregjo1948

Threads
  • / Ferris mower jerks or jumps when hydros are engaged
I'm don't know if there is any valve adjustment on your pumps or your drive motors. An owners manual might tell or a shop manual would certainly explain any adjustment there might be.There should be adjustment on the linkage for your drive/steering levers. This adjustment can be used to keep both drive wheels driving at the same speed when fully engaged so that you don't drift to one side or the other. gregjo1948

Tech Andy

Forum Newbie
Threads
There is a few Adjustments you can do on the pump also

TimBar

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am new to this site. I have a 1000Z Ferris mower. It is an older mower and it has begun to be jerky when you engage the hydros. I have ordered new stabilizers to go on the control levers. Hoping this will help this problem.

I had the same issue. I replaced the dampeners that connect to the lever arms. Problem solved. about $78.