Export thread

Ferris ISX2200 w/28hp Vanguard engine.....oil leak

V

vol54

I have a new (4.2 hours) 19 day old 2024 Ferris ISX2200 w/28hp Vanguard engine. When delivered I asked the delivery guy if everything had been checked and he stated that it was "ready to mow". After mowing for two hours, the mower was parked in the shop. Next day I decided to check the oil level and, on the dipstick, it checked between 1/4 and 1/2 inch ABOVE the full mark. Called the dealer and they picked it up, drained the excess oil, and returned it within 2 hours.....ready to go they said. I questioned them above potential engine damage. No problem, they said. They said they didn't put the original oil in it. Came from factory that way. Obviously they did not check the oil in pre-delivery setup. Tonight, with a flashlight, noticed oil sprayed around the top of the engine below the flywheel guard on top of the engine. How should i approach this with the dealer to get this resolved to my advantage? I don't want something to happen down the road that I have to pay for because of their inability to catch the problem before delivery. Is this potentially serious enough to insist on engine replacement or even replacement of the entire mower?

Also contacting Ferris.

I

ILENGINE

First thing, slightly overfilled oil will not harm the engine. When they come in 1-2 quarts overfilled then that may be a concern not 8 ounces And if you had to find oil on the engine with a flashlight I would say you are looking really hard, which I can say could be a concern, but just call the dealer and say I think I have an oil leak around the top of the engine. It could be something as simple as somebody spilled some oil and with engine running the air flow will cause it to go everywhere and oil tends to migrate on its own anyway. And no you will not get a new engine or mower because of an oil leak or being slightly overfilled from the factory. That engine has a 3 year warranty and almost all factory defects happen in the first 5 hours so it could be a seal which they should cover under warranty, but could also be somebody spilled oil while removing the excess through the dipstick tube.

Wadejesu

Wadejesu

My New Ferris Vangaurd leaked when I first mowed, I discovered O ring missing in oil filter bypass mount. It's where the oil filter would be i