Export thread

Ferris is2000z hydro top seal replacement

Travsav

Travsav

One of my hydros is leaking just below the fan. Believe it's that top seat that the fan shaft passes through.

Can anyone send me a link to the replacement seal? I'm struggling to locate it.

Any tips for replace?

StarTech

StarTech

What is the model on the pump? Example: PK-3KBQ-FV1F-XXXX

Travsav

Travsav

5103443YP is the pump based on my model # on ferris site.

B

Bertrrr

Pull the seal and get a number off it

Travsav

Travsav

Here's an image with the fan removed. Also unsure the best way to remove that top piece? Pulley puller, pry bar?

Attachments

I

ILENGINE

No parent model for the 5103443YP but the 5103443 comes back to a PK-3KCQ-FVIX-XXXX. Doesn't look like the seal is available separately from the charge pump cover unless it is part of the 70525 overhaul seal kit.

StarTech

StarTech

Slight correction on the Hydro Gear model number PK-3KCQ-FVIX-XXXX is actually PK-3KCQ-FV1X-XXXX.

But otherwise IL is correct as the seal only being sold by HG as part of the 70525 seal kit. Unless someone has/had the seal kit and has already note the seal numbers.

Travsav

Travsav

Thanks guys ill order that 70525 kit.
Any tips to replacing just that seal with the pump in the mower?

Clamp the hose to stop the oil flow? Oring pick? Or wood screw to pull the old ring out?

I

ILENGINE

Slight correction on the Hydro Gear model number PK-3KCQ-FVIX-XXXX is actually PK-3KCQ-FV1X-XXXX.

But otherwise IL is correct as the seal only being sold by HG as part of the 70525 seal kit. Unless someone has/had the seal kit and has already note the seal numbers.
Model number was correct but looks incorrect because of the copy and paste from the Ferris parts diagram.

I

ILENGINE

Thanks guys ill order that 70525 kit.
Any tips to replacing just that seal with the pump in the mower?

Clamp the hose to stop the oil flow? Oring pick? Or wood screw to pull the old ring out?
One of the diagrams shows the seal being held in with a snap ring. Probably the easiest to just remove the charge pump cover and then work on the seal replacement on the work bench. Just make sure that the square end of the cover faces the control linkage as in your picture otherwise the charge pump will operate oil flow in the opposite direction and preventing the drive pump from working.

Travsav

Travsav

You have a link to the diagram? I couldn't find a diagram with the seals and snap rings

StarTech

StarTech

1712580291041.png

Travsav

Travsav

Thank you! I don't believe mine has the snap ring

StarTech

StarTech

Then it is an older model as this was added in 2013.
1712668727550.png

Travsav

Travsav

Startech you are the man. Thanks for everyone's help 😁

R

RevB

Here's an image with the fan removed. Also unsure the best way to remove that top piece? Pulley puller, pry bar?
Take it to your dealer...

Travsav

Travsav

It's replaced, all good. Not necessary to take to dealer