FERRIS IS2000Z 61"

DanDelions

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well the hour meter is at 383 and my 30Hp Briggs took a crap. I haven't had good experience with a briggs my whole 61 year old life. This post is a fact of that. After checking out replacement engines Kohler, Kawasaki I came across Yamaha mower engines. I have had great luck with all my Yamaha products Golf cart, Motorcycles and so on. The Yamaha MX825V-37X61 33Hp is a great fit for my Ferris. The 1 1/8" x 4 5/16" shaft and mounting holes are the same as the Briggs so I bought a complete engine. The modifications aren't that hard, Extend the rear bumper back about 6" and move a couple of wires in the molex plug to bring this project to life. For $2000 to your door you get a 33Hp air cooled engine with a computer controlled set up, fuel injection, ECU, oxygen sensor, Map sensor, and on board secondary high pressure electronic fuel pump. I fired up the motor for the first time 5/20/2022. and just listening to the way it runs, sounding like harmony instead of disaster. Anyway I have yet to cut the 10" tall grass with it.( that will be another post) To bad I can't upload pictures - too large error