Ferris 500S with B&S CXI2500: Emissions question?

Gol499

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Ferris 500S with B&S CXI2500: Emissions question?
New owner of Ferris 500S zero turn with B&S CXI 2500. Went to change the oil and noticed a hose that has an end not connected and I cannot find anywhere it should connect. I cannot find any information online (probably due to my lack of knowledge of the appropriate part terminology), don't find any info in my owners manuals and dealer has not returned inquiries.
Hoping someone can see the attached picture and decipher my description and help.
I have a fuel hose going from gas tank to fuel pump and then this second hose that goes from gas tank to the engine block, but this hose has a Y with a second hose with a filter of some sort and the end of the hose is not connected to anything and I don't find anywhere to connect it that is within reach.
Should this hose end be connected and if so where?

mower pic 2.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I suspect that line is supposed to be open to the air. It is part of the vapor recovery emission system, but I suspect the way they have the vapor line connected to the engine it would create too much vacuum and basically put the fuel tank under a vacuum which would have the same effect as a plugged tank vent. So the second hose acts an an air bleed and the fuel filter prevents unfiltered air from entering the system.

Auto Doc's

Threads
I would go back to the dealer and look at similar units. If you bought this from a big box store, they would not have a clue. A setup and pre-delivery manual would have the information if one can be found. (online)