FasTrak or FasTrak SD for 1 acre homeowner?

ztrjim

Threads
I think a Hustler Raptor SD would be more than sufficient for you. They are built well, have strong fabricated cutting decks and have great cut quality. For the money you cannot go wrong and the 3 year consumer warranty..... Hustler also offers some great attachments.

mhavanti

Threads
I live amongst 3 Z's and my poor ole SD60 cuts my 1 acre faster than the three Zs that have from a third acre to 3/8 acres. Mine is the 60 as I mentioned and theirs are 48s. They can run circles around me on a flat surface, but, the width has made up the difference along with the softer upgrade seat you get on the SD60. So, I can cut wide open and they have to cut at about quarter of their capability to keep their eyeballs and teeth in their heads.

All the grounds are less than a year old and the sod seams are still shrunken and makes a rough ride for us all. Earl spring, I'm spreading another 20 yards of tilled top soil over my sod to smooth out the ride and speed it up even more.

I don't think the cut could be any better for any amount of money spent.

Skid Shear

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings,

New member here, looking at buying first ZTR. I'm considering a new Raptor SD vs a 2012 Fast Trak SD w/120+ hours. Both 48" and priced similarly. Cutting a couple of acres of native grasses on flat land with occasional rocks. Not sure of the difference in the Kawasaki FR vs FX engines, or the HydroGear 2800 vs 3100?

Any insight would be appreciated....

SS

mhavanti

Threads
Greetings,

New member here, looking at buying first ZTR. I'm considering a new Raptor SD vs a 2012 Fast Trak SD w/120+ hours. Both 48" and priced similarly. Cutting a couple of acres of native grasses on flat land with occasional rocks. Not sure of the difference in the Kawasaki FR vs FX engines, or the HydroGear 2800 vs 3100?

Any insight would be appreciated....

SS

You're going to get varying opinions on this topic. I went to the store to purchase a Fastrack 54. The shop owner told me to take a close look at the Raptor since I only have less than an acre.

I hadn't given any thought to anything less than the Fastrack. However, he'd sold several Raptors and was impressed with them. I looked atthe SD 48, 54 and 60. Bang for the buck is hands down the 60. Storing a 60 can be challenging and my floor space on yhe bottom floor of my Garage Mahal is 1420 feet. Other than that, I wouldn't swap the SD60 for the difference of cost in the Fastrack although I would like to have a Fastrack adjustment.

Good luck with your purchase.

Skid Shear

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the input.

I'm wrong, the Raptor is a 54" and the Fast Trak SD is 48". Either will do the job for me, the 60" would probably be too wide for my use.

I've done some research on the differences in the Kawasaki engines, the FX is worth any difference in $ from what I can tell. The fact that it has 120+ hours should won't be a deterrent, given the quality of the engine, if it has been maintained as expected.

SS

mhavanti

Threads
Enjoy your purchase.

Happy New Year!

gabowman

Threads
Well, I went with the Super Duty and am cutting about 1.5 ac. of grass. I got a SUPER DEAL on it, along with other reasons for buying the SD mower, but for now it's just my lawn to mow. I love it! If you have the funds I say get the SD. You'll be happy.:)