F935 PTO Clutch issue?

Vectorman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a JD F935 72" diesel front deck mower, 1997 model. Mower will run about 15 minutes and then the mower stops- the PTO clutch must be disengaging. I jumpered the seat so I could watch the PTO Brake solenoid, and it never disengages, but the PTO shaft stops. I checked the switch that engages that solenoid and it was ok, even tried different adjustments. But when I ran it and all that kept engaged, my guess is the PTO clutch's coil is breaking down due to the heat from the engine. Now they are telling me the part is obsolete and no dealer has them anywhere. Anyone aware of an aftermarket? The part is AM104272 Field Winding Coil. If I wait a few hours, then it will work again for 15 minutes. Open to suggestions. Could the PTO blade engagement switch up on the user panel go bad and cause this? If it did, would the PTO brake solenoid stay engaged? It is very consistent to quit after about 15 minutes, which to me sounds like a heat issue affecting the coil voltage.

gainestruk

Threads
Here is aftermarket supplier, you could easily check switch, check power going to pto before starting, run till it stops and check to see if power is still going to pto.

Last edited: